Wife's 75th birthday party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

graywolf1936

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 21, 2014
Northern California
Got my hands full for the next few days.  Putting on a family party for my wife's 75th birthday.  The menu will include, 18 bone pork crown roast(smoked), like Jeff had in a news letter a while back, smoke salmon with a lime butter glaze, Pastrami sandwiches(in the smoker now). Deviled  eggs, Hot artichoke dip with crusted sourdough bread, of course mac and cheese and corn on the cob, caesar salad and fruit salad. wine, beer, soda, apple cider. My daughter and granddaughter are making 75 fancy cup cakes(we got some of those pink baker boxes for take home). My 24 year old grandson, graduate of the S.F Culinary Institute and Executive Chef at a place in Arizona will be here to help. Looking forward to a great time.  Will post photos later.

Joe

Very cool, graywolf!  Please wish your wife a happy birthday!  It sounds like you're gonna be pretty busy, but I hope to see some of your Qview...

Red

Happy Birthday to your Misses.What a great party to have so many of your family be there Congrads to you and the wife.Have a great party

Dan

Sounds like youhave a Stellar Team for your Party. Have a great timeand a big Diamond 
BD.gif
 to Mrs.Graywolf.

All of the Oldschool bunch wishes her a Happy-Happy Day and Love from all her loved ones.

Stan . . .

We both thank you all for your kind wishes,  Taking photo will post. Checked with my butcher and the 18 bone Crown Roast will be ready on Sat.

A few things I forgot to mention, the way the Crown Roast was cut allowed smoke to get to every slice imparting great flavor. If I just do another 6-7 lb. loin I would open it up in the same manner. The Traeger Jr. with the Ortech  controller worked perfect.  The smoker was set at 225 and stayed within 5-10 degree during the whole "smoke".  Thank you all for looking and your kind comments.

Joe

Thank you  but I am pretty new to smoking and most of what I know I learned from the experts on this site. I can tell you how I did this Pastrami.  I bought a nice thick corn beef at Costco(it was very lean), then I soaked it for 6 hours in water(in the fridge), changing the water about 4-5 times. I then dried it off and rubbed it with 1 TSp cracked pepper,2 Tsp of Coriander, 2Tsp Brown Sugar,6 cloves of  real garlic, 1 Tsp Caper.  I then wrapped it in plastic wrap put in fridge for 2 days. I smoked it at 250, IT180 degrees and back in the fridge to firm up. The day of the party I sliced it up and steamed it using beer. It was a big "seller", tender and everyone wanted to take some home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky