wife let me !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2009
Newalla,Oklahoma
my Cajun electric smoker finally died after a dozen or more repairs and ten long years of hard use and more all nighter's then i can count or remember
beercheer.gif
 , it has gone to the great smoker heaven
th_crybaby2.gif

BUT the wife let me buy another one , Master built Sportsman Elite 30'' Electric Smoker ,  maybe because she got tired of me asking or maybe because she misses the food ??

I thought about the 40" but during the cold months i don't really do alot of smoking just brisket and ribs for new years .

I do have a propane smoker and a wood burner smoker but the electric is the easiest to use during the winter months.

Now all i have to do is put it together and do some Mods and season it and be ready to go for Thanksgiving !

i just hope it lasts as long as my other did !!

Happy Smoking !

my Cajun electric smoker finally died after a dozen or more repairs and ten long years of hard use and more all nighter's then i can count or remember
beercheer.gif
 , it has gone to the great smoker heaven
th_crybaby2.gif

BUT the wife let me buy another one , Master built Sportsman Elite 30'' Electric Smoker ,  maybe because she got tired of me asking or maybe because she misses the food ??

I thought about the 40" but during the cold months i don't really do alot of smoking just brisket and ribs for new years .

I do have a propane smoker and a wood burner smoker but the electric is the easiest to use during the winter months.

Now all i have to do is put it together and do some Mods and season it and be ready to go for Thanksgiving !

i just hope it lasts as long as my other did !!

Happy Smoking !
That's one fine smoker. I own a MES 30 Gen 1. In retrospect I'd have liked to have the 40" model just for the extra width since wide cuts of meat bend up against the walls. Some guys cut these in half and place them on two separate wire racks. I don't like to do that.

However, when I smoke meat it's basically just for the wife and me since our grown kids are now out of the house so a larger smoker would've been a bit of a waste. The only "mod" I've made to my smoker is to use a tray for smoking wood pellets instead of using wood chips to generate smoke.

But after almost 4 years of owning my smoker all I can say is: just wait until you see and taste the quality of the Q coming out of that little box!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky