• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wife is headed to Nashville?

Kenzmad

Joined Dec 11, 2018
I want her to bring home a rub and a sauce. Any brands/ sources y’all recommend? Semi spicy sweet sauce and a food rib/buut rub. Any help is appreciated.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Tell her to run by honey fire bbq and/or the peg leg porker. They have great food and sell their rubs and sauces. Honey fire would be my choice

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Not sure on that but tell her to have lunch at Hattie B's for hot chicken ,safe travels
And she can pick up a shaker of hot chicken seasoning while she's there lol

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Also the Nashville farmers market on Rosa parks Blvd is pretty cool. Has international food from all corners of the world in the food court and many vendors selling rubs and spices

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I was down that way in June .
Bought some of this for chicken . Good stuff .
I use it in a shaker . Have some Maple syrup that was local . Really good .

20210622_103844.jpg
20210622_103835.jpg

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2013
I want her to bring home a rub and a sauce. Any brands/ sources y’all recommend? Semi spicy sweet sauce and a food rib/buut rub. Any help is appreciated.
YES! Peg Leg Porker is a small Q place in nashville. It’s owned by a disabled vet. His rub is great on ribs. I buy a few bottles every time I visit nashville. I suggest she eats lunch there as well. Won’t be disappointed. I’ve eaten there 6-8 times now.

Scott

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
YES! Peg Leg Porker is a small Q place in nashville. It’s owned by a disabled vet. His rub is great on ribs. I buy a few bottles every time I visit nashville. I suggest she eats lunch there as well. Won’t be disappointed. I’ve eaten there 6-8 times now.

Scott
Yep we lived there in 2013/2014 and visited his place not long after he opened . Nice guy and great food ! A must go BBQ meal for sure !

Buckeye1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 23, 2020
If she is going the Broadway for music, Jacks BBQ is pretty good. I bought a bottle of the rub and really like it.

Ringer

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
I liked Martin's bbq joint just because they have the balls to do whole hog. It was really good and the sauces were good too.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.