Hot dogs using the champion juicer review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
20200211_142728.jpg

Joe, afternoon... Are you still recovering ??? How's it going ???

Anywho, what casing did you use... Do you like the bite ??? Oh yeah, what meat mix did you use ???
I'm thinking I'm gonna use the "very tender" fresh collagen casing in a 30-32mm... Never used them.. any advice would really help...

Last edited:
Looks Great Joe Nice ....................

Gary

Joe, afternoon... Are you still recovering ??? How's it going ???

Anywho, what casing did you use... Do you like the bite ??? Oh yeah, what meat mix did you use ???
I'm thinking I'm gonna use the "very tender" fresh collagen casing in a 30-32mm... Never used them.. any advice would really help...

Thanks Dave, Recovery is tough. The surgery triggered gout attacks in my wrist then moved to my foot. Been off my feet for 2 weeks. Ready to go back to work this friday.
Casings were 22-24mm sheeps from B&P.
The bite was a perfect snap. B&P casings are the best imo. I used the recipe we talked about in our IM. The meat mixture was a 10lb pork butt and I added 1.75lb raw uncured pork fatback with skin removed for added fat and a good bind. I always add the raw fatback fat to sausages now. Takes sausage to another level.

Joe, Great looking dogs , I too ended up getting a Champion for making dogs and I love it, makes a good glass of juice also!

Reactions: boykjo
Dang very nice Joe.

Where did you get the juicer? I seen them down here but they are like $300

I would check craigslist every month. They occasionally pop up. I missed one a couple of month ago. just be persistent on checking for a good deal.

you can also use searchtempest.com to broaden your search

Wow, that is awesome.I love a good dog, but hard to find.Is the recipe your own?
Best hot dogs I ever had were at the old Tiger stadium in Detroit. Those are great I bet.
you can get a good base recipe here.

boykjo

Thanks for posting that Boykjo, the old wedliny site brought back a lot of fond memories. The founder of that site, Barry Byner, aka Chuckwagon, was my guru and guiding light in all things sausage and smoking. I was fortunate enough to meet and spend a day with Barry before he passed away a few years back, we were fishing at Flaming Gorge and made the trek to his place high in the Rocky Mountains in Utah. Quite a man, he will never be forgotten. RAY

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky