Wide Body GOSM Temps

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brentman0110

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Got a q. On a wide body GOSM will I be able to attain temps at 300F? I ask only because I have read here that to have a turkey or chicken to have crispy skin (not rubbery) that it needs to be smoked at 300F. I know that this all depends on the temp outside but here in Nashville, it tends not to get super cold in the days even in the winter.

Not a problem holding the temp. I can get mine to 350 easy in 40* weather. Only did that during burnoff before seasoning. Hope you can too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..Sorry for the duh!! question
redface.gif
I have a little problem with navigating .

I would think with propane it wouldn't be a problem. If you do find it to be so, use playbox sand instead of water in the paper, that'll get you some extra degrees.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky