1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wicked Baked Beans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeh, Oct 22, 2006.

1. mikeh

mikeh Smoke Blower

I just pulled my first batch of Wicked Baked Beans out of the oven. I got to say that these are fantastic. My wife likes them as well. I think we have a winner with this recipe. Cant wait for my brisket to be finished so I can eat. Going to give the brisket another hr in the blanket lined cooler. I hope it comes out as good as the beans did. I think I am going to like this forum and learn alot from everyone. thanks

Mike

2. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Glad the beans are a hit with the family, Mike. Seems like whenever the family finds out it's Que for supper, they ask "Wicked beans, too?"

3. mikeh

mikeh Smoke Blower

Dutch, I already owe you a big thanks. I smoked a brisket using your sticky note techniques and then made up some fantastic Wicked Baked Beans. The brisket was many times better than my other attempts and I will keep raving over those beans.. I did marinade the brisket over nite which Im sure helped and then coated it with mustard and then put on some rub I made up. My wife was even impressed with what I made.. This is one great site to be on to learn about smoking..

Mike

4. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

It's one of the things that SMF is all about!! Glad we had a hand in helping you out, Mike!

5. jabo

jabo Smoke Blower OTBS Member

I thought I hated baked beans until I tried Dutch's.

6. smokyokie

smokyokie Smoking Fanatic

OK Dutch, you caught me. I have so many bean recipes that I kinda passed over you Wicked Beans recipe the other day.

I've seen enough on this thread that I suppose i'm going to have to try some. Can you post the thread so I can print off the recipe?

Tim

7. Dutch

Jamie, Thanks for posting the link.

Tim, Hope you enjoy them!

8. smokyokie

Yeah, see what you did Dutch, I was going to hunt all weekend, and now I'm going to end up slaving over a hot smoker all day Saturday . I mean, I can't fire up the big pipe and just only cook beans so.....I'm told we're low on spares, brisket, pulled butt, and sliced picnic in the freezer. I gues the nice thing is, I don't have toget up as early in the a.m. to cook as I do to go hunting!

9. Dutch

Another plus to all this Tim, besides filling up the fridge and freezer, is you're less likely to get lost!! :P Enjoy your weekend.

10. ma?tley ca 1/4 e

ma?tley ca 1/4 e Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Or shot. :lol:

11. smokyokie

:lol: Just remember, It's safer to go hunting with Dick Cheney than to go for a ride with Teddy Kennedy! :lol: