Why Smoking & Drinking Are Important!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Well Happy Thursday You Fabulous Cookies!

While I usually put at least "something" - little or big - on my smoker each day, and I always drink wine with my main meal too; today, for whatever "quickie preparation" purpose or reason, I decided NOT to smoke my snails and to just add them in, as is, to my wheat-free angel hair and such.

AND, with fantasies of getting in shape, (or it sounds good in theory right) I thought that today, I would NOT drink wine, and see how that goes...

Well, the snails were still delicious but they are better when smoked. 

And I then proceeded to accidentally delete all the photos on my blog, (thankfully recovered all that after some time), and then delete my entire "documents" folder on my computer even - and it wasn't in some recovery file or such...(or the regular trash can) and that fantastically interesting experience took a while to retrieve, and I am THANKFUL, beyond-beyond that I alas did.

But to say that I've been one little "space croissant" today, is an understatement!

And so, I think that wine, right about now, sounds very good! AND, that smoking each day is quite beneficial too!

You give up both? (Or even cut back)? And all things get very disorganized!

Happy all!!! May everyone navigating the snow, do wonderfully well!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Hey Leah,

just recently I've cooked a couple of briskets and a boston butt - separately that is, and as I'm only ever catering for 1 or 2 people, it takes time to eat through it all!

Tending the smoker is a great way to spend time in the fresh air - I like watching the wildlife in the garden.

I think I need to make a timetable where I can set out something to smoke each day - so that any leftovers from the previous day can be used together with whatever has been freshly smoked, or something like that.

Wine is another thing for me - once or twice a week for me is just fine :)

Andy.

Hi Andy!

You seem to have a fabulous system going!!!

And the aroma of the smoker and also of wine, is a wonderful component throughout the week indeed, and/or on whichever days you do enjoy!

Here's a very happy Friday wish sent your way!!!!

Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

Funnily enough Leah,

it was this thread that had prompted me to go out and smoke some almonds, which are now about half way through
drool.gif

Andy.

Oh I love that!!! (When something sort of plants the power of suggestion or gets you in the mood to drink wine, smoke something wonderful on the smoker and so forth)!

Fantastic stuff!!!

Share your almonds when able!!!! That sounds amazing!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Morn'n Leah.........

A little better than a year ago I was given 6 month free on-line back-up service to try. Last summer the bomb hit (as they say.....not if but when) and my computer blew up. I got a new computer but the old hard drive was shot and nothing could be saved. The on-line back-up ran for two days but I got back about 95% of all my stuff. Just a thought........

I am stuffing 25 lb's of game sticks right now to go on the smoker tomorrow. But for today, I have 8 lb's of cheese doing the cold smoke thing.........hate to let the smoker rest for too long.......

You have a great weekend........

Brad

Oh Brad, it all sounds so good!

Yes, the computer stuff can be downright frightening when one accidentally does whatever one does! (Or whatever I do)! Smiles.

Meanwhile, your eats, sound absolutely fantastic!

Top of the morning right back at you, (although it's 2 in the afternoon here right now), but here's to the weekend, indeed!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky