1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Why no Gifs, Jeff, if they’re small?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by up in smoke, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Is there a reason for not using gifs? They could certainly enliven the forums (not that they aren’t already…just curious
    Up in Smoke

2. bob-bqn

bob-bqn Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

What & where are you trying to post? Maybe we can help.

[​IMG]

The animated smileys that we use are gifs and I just did a test with the cow.

PNG's can also be animated and my smoker Avatar is a PNG file type.

3. Well, I was going to use a gif I had created, and I did as I always do on other forums like MOH (game) but my gif gave me an error box when moving about topics, although I tested the same avatar in other forums (it functioned properly). Then when I read instructions in profile, it said gifs not acceptable format (?????)Curious :( :?: :?

4. bob-bqn

bob-bqn Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Guess I didn't have a problem 'cause I didn't read the instructions. :lol:

Looks like you got it working. :D I like the animation! 8)

5. Yeah! Weird…it works fine now, musta been a glitch. Now I’m gonna make my real ECB smoke me up some Jalapeno/Beef/Cheese Stick (Friday), Goose Breast (Saturday), and some Apple Butter baby backs (Sunday).

WooHoo!!

Film at 11

6. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'll try and stay up til 11 then :D

7. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Gee, and here I thought Up in Smoke was going to smoke film at 11:00 :shock: :P

8. No Dutch, you pan film and see how things develop! Poor Dutch, just turned 1/2 century and he’s starting to slip already [​IMG] Ended up only doing a butt Friday, and canadian bacon Monday, there’s always tomorrow, gents (& ladies)

Question, How long does sheeps casing keep in fridge?

9. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Question, How long does sheeps casing keep in fridge?

If Salted, they can last a long time .. I have some from 6 months ago .. still like new .. :) Like i said .. if they are covered in salt, they can last a long time .

Joe