Who's Smoked Rib Tips ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dick bullard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Lombard, Il.
I've bought boxes of rib tips and have cooked them the way they suggest in the oven....but was wandering how well they take to being smoked, being so small? Would they dry out because of the time needed to make them tender? Any special method?

Rick

Oh I would think they would be great smoked. I have never cooked rib tips before but I would think you could do a variation of 3-2-1 method. Smoke them for a while then put them in foil with some spritz until they are done.

I have never bought any rib tips but when I do trim them off of a rack of ribs I usaully smoke them with the ribs and they are the chefs morsals for smoking. Kinda munchies during the smoke. Or better yet for the beans is another very good use for them too.

I also smoke the rib tips that get trimmed off spares.

They take me about 2.5 - 3 hours, depending on how you like em. No foil(just like my ribs), just rub, smoke, eat.

whole timmed tip:

juicy tips:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky