Wholesalers for large quantities?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

generalee

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
Marietta, GA
Are there any companies that wholesale meat?

Sometimes I do large quantities, and I don't like to pay retail at the grocery store...

I am not in the catering business, but sometimes sell a few things off the smoker.

Ideas or suggestions?

I'm in Atlanta, GA area if that matters...

Many restaurant suppliers, Sysco, US foods, have walk-in stores where they sell to regular customer's, folks like you that purchase " as needed ". They may have a small markup over true wholesale, it is still better than grocery stores. Also, find a Butcher that slaughters on sight or purchases whole beef and hogs and sells to area restaurants. They too will often accept you as a low volume caterer and sell at a wholesale price. They may require minimum weight to get the good price but again, still cheaper...JJ

Last edited:
Generalee, check sams club, I often buy butts and ribs by the case, their case price is always lower then a grocery store, restaurant depot too if you have one close, hope this helps. Bonz

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky