Whole rib eye update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mawmawmary

Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Kentucky
Hi all. My smoked whole rib eye this last weekend was OUTSTANDING success !
Thank you all for the advice.
It was just under 11 lbs. I used a store bought Canadian rub. I made up the following for the drip pan: 1 can beer, 2 cans Coke, garlic and Emeril's steak sauce. Mmmmmm. It took 10 hrs at 250-275 degrees. Finished temp was 160 and I wouldn't go any higher than that. Then I let it rest in the cooler with moist towels for an hour or so. It was gone in a flash and I heard a lot of mmm going on ! I used charcoal the whole time with Jack daniels chips and some Hickory for smoke.
Mouthwatering.
Mary

Congratulations, Mary!...Sounds like it was a smashing success!...I know that my mouth is watering just from your description! :D

Cheers,
Brian

Wow Mary that does sound gooooood! Sure would have loved to see a picture of that roast be for it was inhaled!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky