Whole Pork Loin Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hazzo

Original poster
Apr 4, 2013
Piqua, OH
Here is my latest fatty made from a whole pork loin "injected" or "stuffed" with bulk pork sausage and the typical top bacon weave. I made a tool to cut a pair of parallel 1 inch diameter pockets along the loin length, then stuffed by hand with bulk sausage and closed off both ends with a small piece of pork from the pocket I made and secured with tooth picks. The tool was a 1" diameter stainless steel thin wall piece of tubing x 18" long that I ground a razor sharp edge to one end and cut small/thin serrated notches around. I used a generous amount of Zero-to-Hero dry rub and yellow mustard, then added the bacon weave to the top. Note the loin fat cap was on the bottom when smoking. Smoked with apple 5-hours x 250 F degrees to center internal temp of almost 160 F degrees, then wrapped in foil in a cooler wrapped in a blanket for a half hour to rest/finish. Crazy juicy. 

Slice 1/4" - 1/2" thick with our without bacon weave as desired. Next time we'll try zesty sausage or cheddar wurst sausage for added flavor. I think I can fit three pork injections into the next loin x minimum 1 pound per loin. I cannot wait for New Years to serve with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. 

Looks interesting. Glad it turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky