Whole pig injection question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spudfin

Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Greetings

I am getting ready to do my first whole pig.  Bought a caja china box and am going to install an aftermarket smoke generator called The Big Kahuna.  My question is the injection recipe.  What have any of you used in the past?  Any good recipes to share?

From what i gather the injection is critical to get moist and flavorful results.

Thanks

Spudfin

im doing a 100 lb pig next weekend on the La Caja.  I am going to use a mojo criollo injection.

A buddy used the same a little over a month ago on a pig roast I was at and the pig was excellent. 

good luck.

I like using Publix brand Mojo marinade.....Most of the time you can find it in the Latin aisle in gallon jugs.....It adds a nice citric/garlic flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky