Whole meat jerky Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
really good batch, Goat. Increased the CBP and Smitty's a bit for a nice slow heat... good moisture content too. Practicing up for venison season!

That's a whole beef round I clean and cut up, Mike. Cured for 24, then smoked about 3-4 hours at maybe 110*, finished in my "modded" Jennair oven

Now you know we can't let that one get by without asking for more info!
icon_eek.gif

Jerky looks fantastic!

LOL! Figured as much! OK: I make a tinfoil "hood" that I place over the stovetop downdraft fan, and tuck it into the top of the oven door, held slightly open by the wooden spoon ya see there <just the handle.> That spoon keeps the door slightly open AND depresses the oven door switch, turning off the oven light, AND allows the convection <internal fan> feature to operate. I set the oven for about 125*, turn on the downdraft and away she goes. Great dehydrator!

Now thats using your noodle. It's good to know I'm not the only one that does those kinds of things lol.
icon_lol.gif

I really don't have a set recipe, Wilson. I use a slightly reduced TQ amount for curing then called for. This batch was 5.5 lbs and I used 4.5 tbsp of cure. The rest is Kosher, soy sauce, wine, and cumin-onion-garlic powders and CBP. Sometimes Smitty's hot pepper mix, some times a shot of wine vinegar... sometimes... Mustard.... heh!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky