Whole Chickey Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hbongaiii

Original poster
May 25, 2009
New Baltimore, MI
Been dying to cook a whole chicken on the smoker. Today is the day! Here's the Q View....

After brining in the fridge for four hours
brine.JPG

Onto the smoker

smokey1.JPG

More to come!!

Good luck with your first chicken.
Brine it in anything special? I mean, all brines are special things but you know what I mean.

She sure will be moist, look forward to seeing the results.

Nothing special for the brine, just:
salt, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, tony chachere's, thyme, cumin, black pepper and some worsterchire sauce.........

Looking good so far. whats in the fattie? sounds like a nice brine in there such be quite tastey.

The fatty is made with Johnsonville Hot and Spicy Bratwurst with sauteed mushrooms and Kroger Mexican Cheese mix. I used some apple to 'Kiss' em with.

Here they are just before I took them off the ECB:

DSCN1577.JPG

Here they are just before we commenced to eatin' em(That is the reason why I'm just now posting the pics) They were done at 5:10pm. I started em at 225, then an hour and a half into it I boosted it up to 300. The last hour was at 350.

DSCN1579.JPG

Man, did the chicken come out JUICY!! I put the taters in at the same time as the fatty and they came out PERFECT too!! I've already been put in charge of Thanksgiving!!

Looks awesome nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great looking meal! That chicken is making my mouth water . . .

Thanks for posting more pics!

Best,
Trout

All I can say is NICE.

Looks great. How did the skin come out on the bird? I bet boosting it to 350 really helped.

Great Job! Know what's better than smoking a chicken? Smoking two of 'em... leftovers! lol!

Boosting the temperature made all the difference with the skin. MMMMMmmmmm. Nice and crispy. Honestly, I don't think I've had a better bird!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky