whole chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
th_nopicsye3.gif

Happy smoken.

David

Thanks it tasted even better.
I smoked it at 190 for 2 hours then up to 200 for the last 2 hrs.
I used jack daniels wood chips. Smoked it the entire 4 hrs.
I put the breast side down. As my knife ran through the bird the juice just ooozed out.
Couldnt have been happier.

Sure some nice color on that bird, If that's your first I' say you hit a home run     Great Job      
points.gif

Gary

Any prep? Skin coated with (?) I just bought a Master-built. Haven't smoked the first piece of meat, but have two whole chickens waiting. What all do I need to do to the bird before putting it in?

Follow directions on your smoker about initial start up and seasoning,  Brine the birds for a few hours in water salt and brown sugar, rinse pat dry I use a little olive oil then my rub (any seasoning you like then on the smoker. Since this is your first smoke on your electric maybe a member will come along and give some more tips about your first time and what to expect, sorry I'm a stick burner.

Gary

Right on. Thanks. Honestly, I'd prefer using my Weber kettle, but that electric dumbs it down for me something awesome. Looks like about any concoction seems to satisfy. How much salt to water?

Kinda up to you but about 1/4 cup for bird and about the same on brown sugar mix well with enough water to cover the bird. Then you can see if it is about right after you smoke it and can adjust next time if you need to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky