Whole chicken in a MES30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnvh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
NW. Washington
Wow, it was fantastic, took 3:15 at 240 degree setting from cold (didnt preheat the smoker), used apple chips, wife brined it overnight in something she came up with. It was  A W E S O M E !

d566ded0_IMG01183-20101224-1535.jpg
4b239591_IMG01182-20101224-1530.jpg

Nice! I just got a MES 30 for Christmas, and looking forward to using it.
icon_smile.gif
On your seasoning, dont wet the chips, and call Masterbuilt about the chip tray free upgrade if you need it. I modified my tray until the new one arrives.  But having fun so far! Hmm, what to make next!

Originally Posted by JohnVH

... call Masterbuilt about the chip tray free upgrade if you need it. I modified my tray until the new one arrives. 

sorry for the hijack (great looking bird OP!) buuuut what chip tray upgrade are you referring to? Thanks. /end hijack.

Search around, some of these have an issue burning chips, so masterbuilt will send you a free upgrade for the chip tray and the box it slides into if yours is one of the problem ones.  Mine only works after I cut it open and use dry chips. The upgrade seems to make it work better.

Good looking bird congrats
beercheer.gif

You might consider buying a AMNS. It will solve the chip problem, & you can leave the smoker unattended for hours. No chips to add. A lot of the MES guys here use one. It makes it TOO easy, and you get consistent TBS, throughout the smoke. I have an MES & an AMNS, and would not go back to using the chip tray. A lot of guys here feel the same. Your bird looks great so what your doing is working well for you. This just an option that is available that you may want to try. Good luck & happy smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky