• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Who remembers these?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Yup---They were neat, but mine came with a kind of punishment.
I got one for being a "Good Little Boy" when Mom took me to the Dentist. So my plane always was associated with "PAIN" !!
I think they were 35 cents each, then.

Bear

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Loved those! They are still found in the prizes you can buy with tickets from the arcade games here. Don't normally see the wind up kind tho. My favorite however were the large foam gliders. I have not seen them in a very long time.

You guys will appreciate this... 8YO daughter got some plastic Slinky toy somehow and was playing with it. I proceeded to try and get it walk down our stairs... No dice. I decide to find a legit Slinky. I got the last one at Target for $3!!! You read that right, 3 DOLLARS! I figured $15... My daughter totally went nuts when she got that thing to walk the whole staircase. Got me interested in the Slinky and admit that I got a bit emotional reading about it. SNIP Betty James insisted upon keeping the original Slinky affordable. In 1996, when the price ranged from $1.89 to $2.69, she told The New York Times: "So many children can’t have expensive toys, and I feel a real obligation to them. I’m appalled when I go Christmas shopping and $60 to $80 for a toy is nothing."

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
Loved those! They are still found in the prizes you can buy with tickets from the arcade games here. Don't normally see the wind up kind tho. My favorite however were the large foam gliders. I have not seen them in a very long time.

You guys will appreciate this... 8YO daughter got some plastic Slinky toy somehow and was playing with it. I proceeded to try and get it walk down our stairs... No dice. I decide to find a legit Slinky. I got the last one at Target for $3!!! You read that right, 3 DOLLARS! I figured $15... My daughter totally went nuts when she got that thing to walk the whole staircase. Got me interested in the Slinky and admit that I got a bit emotional reading about it. SNIP Betty James insisted upon keeping the original Slinky affordable. In 1996, when the price ranged from $1.89 to $2.69, she told The New York Times: "So many children can’t have expensive toys, and I feel a real obligation to them. I’m appalled when I go Christmas shopping and $60 to $80 for a toy is nothing."
Your telling me, $1000 Iphones for both kids well, not kids anymore 18 and 20

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Had a good number of those as a kid. When I was a real little kid they didn't tend to last too long though.

WV_Crusader

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 15, 2014
Hobby Lobby has them here local and i just bought 2 for my kids and the styrofoam glider that has like a 4’ wing span. I was more excited to find them than my 5 and 2 year old was to get them lol!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.