• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Who remembers these?

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
I was just in a Cracker Barrel restaraunt yesterday on my way home from NH and they had them.

Bought many of them at the local drug store as a kid.When I started getting a little older we'd combine them with something combustible.

Memories.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Had them all the time when I was young. And nice to see they are made in the USA.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
One of my favorite toys as a young boy. Loved the gliders and the rubber band propellers ones. Used to buy them at the little family grocer on our little town. Stopping there and then the penny candy store after made for a great day.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Oh Yeah! They were a ton of fun! At least until they crashed and broke or landed on the roof or got stuck in a tree.😆...JJ

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Thanks Steve H for the walk down memory lane. Most of the time I would throw a glider, it would go straight up and nosedive into the ground or bank and end up in the oak tree?! Never mattered how I slide the wings or threw it. And the nose tip always came off and if you squeezed it too hard to replace, the plane cracked. ! 🍻
John

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Nice Steve , I remember and had gotten the ones in the yellow package . See we were poor and could not afford the motorized ones. Ha ha
So just the arm powered ones for us. They were a lot of fun

Thanks Steve

David

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
I remember they had a rack that had a bunch of different toys, the planes paddle ball rocket cap bangers sling shots pickup sticks and jacks , like .50 or something dirt cheap. Dang now I feel really old lol

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah! I had one of those Jet Stream type that I had tuned perfect. Wind it, set it on the street and let her rip. It would fly in a circle 2.5 times and land. On a 22' wide street with curb and gutter. I have a big kid version now.

1632186887259.png

Crap, I forgot to put the geared winder in the pic. Lighter is for scale....

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
I played with those a lot as a kid, both versions. Definitely one of my favorite childhood toys.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
So many memories of those. I'm trying to remember what we did to them to get them to fly straight instead of looping. We'd have distance throwing contests.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.