Who makes the best BBQ tools?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidski

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Baltimore MD
Everyone on the interwebs say they make the best set, but I was wonder what you folks use. 
I was looking on etsy and some blacksmiths make a handforged set for 80-100$, but i was wondering if there was an awesome company out there?

edit: just so you knwo what i mean, Im looking for a spatula, tongs, meat hook/fork. 

Last edited:
IF you have a restaurant supply store nearby, you might consider visiting and browsing.  Some of the best folks I know use commercial tools of the trade, and they were not terribly expensive.  Long lasting, tough as my ex-wife's heart, and worth the price.

Best of luck!!!

IF you have a restaurant supply store nearby, you might consider visiting and browsing.  Some of the best folks I know use commercial tools of the trade, and they were not terribly expensive.  Long lasting, tough as my ex-wife's heart, and worth the price.

Best of luck!!!
i do have a few, but are there companies i should be looking for?

I don't worry about brands. I pick up the tool and if it feels well built and looks well built I'll buy it. The number one BBQ tool (besides the smoker, BBQ) that I use is my digital therm. I'd buy that before anything else. My iGrill2 and my Thermawand from Lavatools are used more than any other tool. Tongs are in indispensable. If I had to have one tool it would be tongs. Yes I can flip a burger with tongs.

Last edited:
I would say restaurant supply place as well. They always have great stuff at good prices. Just pick it up and see what one you think is the sturdiest and best quality, and which ones has the shape and features you are looking for.

I never thought of checking Etsy, think ill go on and see, sure they would be very expensive, but then they are a cool thing with a story, so I guess its just what you are looking for. I actually just use a few sets that ive had for years, that were like promos from places that I got for free, like one I got for opening a bank account somewhere. They are pretty crappy, but haven't been able to justify replacing them till they go out.

I have my eyes on a few from a local restaurant supply, but may grab a sweet looking set of tongs from Etsy to go with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky