While The Wife's Away (Monkey will play!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin monkey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sutton In Ashfield, UK
Wife's away Christmas Shopping!! To my reckoning thiers 39 days left before worrying about that!

Anyway Bayback Ribs ready,

These are on the GMG JB with a Texas Pellet Mix.

Chucking some wings on in a bit ready form the Football!

Smokin Monkey :38:

Last edited:
It looks you prepared them in a blancmange mold - LOL. Next time you should try the bunny shaped one...

Looks good though - when do we get to see the finished article?

Wade :ROTF

Not my fault the pig had a six pack!

I have a slab of really meat ribs in the freezer, but as its just me on my own tonight, these with wings will see me right.

About another hour before wrapping and putting wings on. Post Pics when done.

Smokin Monkey

PS are you Going on Telly?

WARNING WARNING - THREAD HIJACK

hijack2.gif

Call those ribs! This is what we had for tea tonight...

To really push out the boat we had them with a can of Heinz BBQ flavour beans

Guess what?

They tasted as insipid as they look !

Last edited:
Last edited:
Steve - those ribs look great. How about doing those wings at the event next year too 
icon14.gif

Wade maybe you could wash off that bbq sauce and save them with a rub and homemade sauce?
I think they were beyond any form of salvation. The meat fell off the bone however it was utterly tasteless. They had also left the membrane on which had turned to slime during the cooking.

Some people may think its crazy buying these from the supermarket however I like to try the commercial offerings before i comment on them. I can now say that these were truly dreadful with conviction.

I blame Steve... If he hadn't posted up pictures of that tempting rib rack at the beginning of the post I would have been happy making salmon fish cakes tonight 
grilling_smilie.gif

Great smoke Steve 
icon14.gif

Wade, don't blame me, they did not walk from the Supermarket, hammer down the front door, crowbar your oven open and claim squatter rights!

Leaving the big stuff to others for the meet, looking to do an Amuse-bouches (fancy or what)

Got something chilling for tomorrow, hope it works out!

Smokin Monkey

HEY!!!  Fine looking ribs Smokin Monkey!  Oh MAN! Miss Jill missed a good meal there.

Is Wade going on TV???    Representing U.K. Smokers??????  PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SOOOO!    Smoked lettuce, tofu and quiche?   We will lose members in droves!  REAL MEN!!!!!!    Well we won't go there.  
icon_biggrin.gif
  Keep Smokin!

WAIT!!!!  PLEASE LET ME BE HONEST HERE!  I had ZERO! faith in a U.K. Group.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? British smokers????   GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!    Burgers, under cooked sausage and raw chicken and we can make this a smoking Group???  2 months tops and this Group will die a horrible death!    I will only point out one member,  I only point this out to show how ABSOLUTELY WRONG I was.  Steve, Graeme, Ewan, everyone turned up with fantastic smoked food for the meet but I have to pick on Wade.  Wonderful food turned in by all but this guy; yap, yap, yap.  He JUST kept going on and on.  HEY! He's a Brit talking about smoking meat and I am from Texas.  What tha He** does he know???  OK! So he uses some bells and whistles and technology but why not?  I watched him like a hawk!  I am sure he had his eye on me.  He knows his stuff as do many of you folks.  Smoking Monkey came up with that halogen smoker.  I was TRULY HUMBLED!  I was put in my place BIG TIME and rightly so.  Glad to have you folks contributing.

Danny

I can understand trying them Wade. Too bad they're so nasty. More inspiration to make ribs like smokin monkey instead :)

Great job on those wings and ribs!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky