While the cats away...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bfilipowski

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Hello all,

The wife and Mini-me went to Florida to visit her parents this morning. Of course that means I got to play with the smoker today instead of working on the honey do list.

Pork brisket bones aka rib tips & some wings

I had read a thread on her that mentioned injecting the hot sauce into the wings so I just had to try it.

Injected with buffalo sauce and sprinkled with a Cajun spice mix

Pork all slathered in mustard and a sprinkling of a store bought rub

Thin blue, and I really am liking the igrill2

I decided to use a sweet and tart mop today consisting of Apple cider vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar, and spog. After two hours at 225-235 the wings were just hitting 160 internal. I pulled them off and crisped the skin on the grill.

I mopped them a few times on the grill which really added a nice zip to them.

Ready to eat! I must say that I think the tips of the wings are an under appreciated item often relegated to the stock pot or the trash. Personally, I love the crunch and if cooked well enough you can even eat a few of the smaller bones.

My partner in crime for today's shenanigans (also the clean up crew)

After about six hours over cherry I glazed the tips and pulled them into a plate

Mmmmm

Final playing with some tater Dakar, coleslaw, homemade dill pickle chips, and a seasonal local brew.

Of course I didn't even put a dent in the pile of pork, but life's about the journey not the final destination. If I could have changed anything I would have used a wood with a stronger flavor. I like cherry and all, but it was a little too subtle.

Thanks for watching,

Flip

Looks Great and we are Kindred Souls . I do the same thing last time the wife was away I did a corned Beef Brisket and a Pork Shoulder which I ate a fraction of !!!! Hey that is why we have freezers !!!!

It made my mouth water just looking at the photos. Looks great and thanks for sharing 
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky