Which 36 inch griddle to get?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pit Boss Deluxe 4 Burner:

I can get this mother for 399.00 at my local Bomgaars.

Or...

Standard Blackstone with hood:

The Pit Boss is advertised to crank out a lot more heat with 62000 btu vs Blackstone's. But, the BS has a hood rather than fold out shelves that act as a cover. A lot of people use their hoods as a "steamer" for melting cheese and whatnot when making burgers, Phillies, etc. I'm wondering if I could lower the heat and use the fold over trays on the PB to do the same thing? I know the BS is tried and true, but the PB is a heckuva beast that seems to have a bit more surface and the heat output is something I can't discount. Not really looking at the Pit Boss with the ceramic surface (I like cast iron style cooking), but I hear you can buy a separate ceramic top to use on the basic unit as well...which is another advantage of the Pit Boss.

What says yous guys and ladies?

Thanks.
off subject ( kinda) but was in the blue box store buying pool crap and they had a 28" BS with built in cart for $299.00

Oops, I made an error. It is NOT a Black Stone, (Which I would have preferred, I used two) it is a Member Mark, Yep, good 'ole' Walmart (Wife and kids do not know that, So do not tell anyone else)(lol)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky