• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where's Dutch been

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
i think Monty said he was having to work a lot of overtime at his other job.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
That's right. Rodger!

Our Grand Knight has been well tasked by his paying occupation. Refer to the last induction in the O T B S thread all will be clear. He will be back and in full swing soon!

Cheers!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
I'm here, I'm here!! I actually got the project done a couple of days early. I've done got myself laid up again. Took a bit of a tumble Sunday afternoon and ended up tearing the rotator cuff in the right shoulder. Being as I'm right handed, typing right now REALLY bites as I'm supposed to keep the arm in a sling.
Thank heavens for Lortab, naproxen and ice packs!!

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Praying for your fast and complete recovery! Naproxen got me through the crap I had a while back when I tore my plantar faciliitis!

Best wishes
and
Cheers!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Dutch -
Sorry to hear about your accident. We don't heal like we used to ya know!

Wishing you a speedy recovery - we miss you!

Big Hugs!

short one

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2007
Dutch, sorry to hear about your injury. It really bites. Tore mine a few years back. Just make sure you wear user friendly clothes, it will get better. They did surgery on mine, it was a b****. Had to sleep sitting up for about three weeks. If I laid down it was only about 1/2 hr. and it felt like some one was hitting my shoulder with an 8 lb. maul. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Shortone, That's about how it is now when trying to sleep. I see the Orthepedic Surgeon on Monday.

Thanks all for your well wishes.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
i had the same problem in my left shoulder, took a fall one day on some hidden ice under a fresh snow fall, the very next week did it all over again....

just dont let then inject cortizone into you... bad bad bad very bad idea..lol

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
My FIL just had surgery to repair his, hope u dont have to do that, wishig u a speedy recovery

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Sorry to hear about the fall Dutch
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
That really sucks Dutch! ... When I had a sore shoulder, my doctor sent me for an ultrasound (fortunately negative) and explained that if it was torn the surgery is more painful than the tear.

Got my fingers crossed for you that is only a strain ... not to minimalize your discomfort Bud ..... hang in there!

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Yikes!!! Sorry to hear that Dutch. I hope the Orthepedic Surgeon has some good news for you on Monday. Let us know. Until then take it slow and feel better.

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
I will keep you in my prayers Dutch. Hope the news Monday is good and that your recovery is short. I know that this is a terrible time of year to be laid up. Take care my friend.

chadpole

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you recover without any problems. I too was missing you on the ol' forum. God bless.

Paul

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
Well glad you're back, but sorry about the injury (old football injury?). Hope everything goes well for you!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.