where to put remote thermoter in a gosm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ropdyke

Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
I just got a gosm unfortnly i didn't find this fourm till I already got it from target but i GOT IT FOR64.00 END OF SUMMER CLEARNCE /DISPLAY MODEL. The question is wher or how do I mount my remote probe for my themoter , throug the door, did not like it drill a small hole the where do I put the rmoute everthing is too hot the top is too hot securing it to the handle was hot too. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance. Ps I have use a few other smokers ecb, and others this is by far the best one I have had.

Hi ropdyke

I just fish the wire down thru the top vent and set the probe on the rack next to the meat. Make shure it does not touch the meat. Then I place a pot holder on top of the smoker to set the unit on.

Thanks for the reply I was putting it through the top but was afraid the pot holder would burn, Thanks I'll give it a try!

The Mrs had one of those small silicone mats used for baking (about 6"X6") I guess they can handle temps up to 700F

It now sits on top of my smoker

you can take one of the handle bolts outs and use that hole to place your probe into

I run mine through the top, Chamber probe goes on the second shelf placed in the third slot down (cus that's about where the door thermo is at) and the remote unit I have sitting on a scrap piece of 2 X 4.

different cooker, but same thing. Piece of 2"x on the top with the NuTemp remote on it.

But I think this is a sad testament to our capitalist society, when ropdyke can get a "End of the Summer Sale" price prior to July 15th.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

But heck, I smoke and grill year round, so I really don't care what season you call it! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky