• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where to get spices, check this out.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
Guy at work gave me this web address and said their spices are excellent. They have retail store spread out across the USA so you might live near one!

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html

One thing they have that I never heard of is called mahlab. It's the pit from a sour cherry that people use to add to baked goods

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 21, 2006
Thanks Shell! Added to fav's.

I've never ordered spices over the net, only "food" item I've ordered was crawdad tails in the fat. BTW they were gggooooooooooooooooooooooodd!

Thanks again!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I order tons of spices online. I like the large containers. These prices are pretty comparable to ConYeager. None in my area of course ...

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Neat link. Nothing in my area either. I am interested in opinions from anyone who uses them. A large order might be worth while online, but I would love to know more first. Thanks for the link

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
Shellbell,
Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it and I'm sure I'll be using it. I would also highly recommend ConYeager. They have a great variety and are very reasonable.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
I have ordered from Penzey's and Sausagemaker and have been very satisfied with both. Have yet to try ConYeager. Will have to give them a try.

Cheers!

johno

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 30, 2007
i am still trying to find kosher salt in australia , no luck yet.

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2006
johno..

pickling salt, or sea salt...will work ok for ya...try to get the one with no iodine added... good luck

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.