Where to buy fresh Ham Hock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I want to make that Terrine and need them fresh un-smoked. I stopped at Fiesta Mart today in Plano. Really thought they would have but no. They did have cut up pig feet. I check 99 Ranch web site and have the feet but no hocks. I out of ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
I called Hirsh's meat market and said they have frozen oversized shanks. I guess that would work I love that place but kind of expensive. I usually just get what on sale. They have the best fresh sausage ever.

Reactions: JLeonard
Mexican stores around here break down whole hogs so you might check there.

If you have a gfs (Gordon's food service) they usually have them. Our sam's carries them. And a sure bet would be a restaurant depot. Alot of them are open to the public right now because of covid.

I want to make that Terrine and need them fresh un-smoked. I stopped at Fiesta Mart today in Plano. Really thought they would have but no. They did have cut up pig feet. I check 99 Ranch web site and have the feet but no hocks. I out of ideas.
Meat packer/slaughter house in your area? Might call them and they might recommend a place to find them.

Good question, we get our ham hocks from Walmart, I never looked but i guess they are smoked, cause we use them in white bean soup.
Al

Meat packer/slaughter house in your area? Might call them and they might recommend a place to find them.
Found a local hog farm. Did not ask how much but sure they expensive like all there other stuff. I think gonna put this one on the back burner. Have cured turkey coming up and ham to get ready for Christmas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky