Where is the rain?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

neens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Orange, CT
So I check the weather report for the weekend two days ago planing on smoking up my first brisket, it said rain all day friday and saturday. Sure enough is poors rain friday so I don't pick up any thing to smoke. I wake up today to let the dog out, put on my coat, go outside look up and what do I see? Nothing but clear blue skys. So now here I am with nothing to smoke and its around 60 outside which is the warmest day of the year so far. Something needs to be done about these weather men
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

true but evil anti-smoking weather man also said very cold. I normally just pull my smoker under my deck in the rain and put a tarp over the deck but the problem with that is my deck is inside my fence for my dogs and I have had to rewire the break lights 3 times now.

rains 6 times a year here-and I smoke every 1 of them-i happy camper in the rain! if u get my drift.

It's a beautiful day here as well. Amazingly enough the weather guys got it right and said it would be tho.!

Had this day planned out this last weekends smoke.

That's awesome to hear rain doesn't stop the smoker. Mine is out on my patio without any cover, and I thought it wouldn't make sense to light it up and get some meat on there.

I'm in FL and getting hammered by showers all night, and day tomorrow.

Hey, where there's a will there's a way. I have smoked in the rain, in snow, and in O degree weather. Doesn't hurt the "Q" one bit, you just have to dress for the occasion and keep your temps at the desired level.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky