Where do smokers go to die?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rob989_69

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Rochester NY
I'm looking for a propane smoker, preferably a GOSM big block or Smoke Vault 24" but really any size will do. Preferably something in rough shape. I don't actually need it to work because I'm using this for a project where I'm building a cold smoker.

I'd be interested in pretty much any block style propane smoker out there. Even the smaller brinkman charcoal block syle would do.

I've been watching craigslist in my area but I've found nothing.

I'd be willing to pay shipping if it's reasonable.

craigslist, ebay,traderonline to start. Also if you're just building a cold smoker look for used/non-working commercial fridges and freezers, just make sure if it has any plastic in it that you remove it first. If all else fails, build the smokehouse out of wood. It will work fine and as long as you don't intend to hot smoke, it won't catch fire.

Being an 18yr veteran of the trash biz, you should check your local dpw "dept of public work's" yard and go through the large dumpster they put the metal in. for that matter check all the local dpw yards in your area and check town schedules for metal pickups.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky