When it rains it poors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lee forst

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Good old U-S-of-A
I mean that figuratively and literally. Today I planned to do my first meatloaf on my smoker. I got it all mixed up, got some ABTs ready and I was also going to smoke some corn on the cob. I went outside to my electric smoker, turn it on, set the time and temp. When it had climbed up to 200, I decided to put the loaf on. About that time my nice sunny day started to get dark and windy. Here comes the rain. I went back in side and about an hour I decided to go back outside to check on the smoker. I look at the temp and what do I see…. 97 degrees!!!! WTF! Needless to say, this is not good. So I fiddle with it for a few minutes. The little light says it is heating, but Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll be darn if it is because I can put my hand on the element. Now what?
icon_evil.gif

Well, I transfer the loaf over to my grill. So, it is there and the ABTs are going there as well and the corn eventually. I hope it turns out okay. Just wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t my day to do some smoking I guess! Looks like I now have an excuse for that new smoker I have had my eye on!

Sorry to hear about your luck, Lee. My heart goes out to ya!
icon_sad.gif

At least you're not giving up hope and putting the stuff on a grill to get that "non-oven-cooked" taste. What better time to have smoker failure than right at the beginning of a beautiful summer of smoking! Great timing!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Nice save, put it on the grill away from the heat, heck, even put in a foil pouch with some woodchips! It's all good!
wink.gif

Electric smokers and rain don't work to good!

Well, things are going well. Here is what stuff looks like as I put the corn on. Those ABTs are just about ready. I need a beer and an ABT!!
f4de34df_vbattach18441.jpg

Actually, Dad asked for a electric slicer for F-Day. But a new smoker would work just fine.

Here is the pic of the final product. Not bad for doing all of this on the grill. I suppose the grill was happy it got the lime light today rather than the smoker! (note, more than half the ABTs are gone. Wonder why?)
473e8c4b_vbattach18442.jpg

Yes, weather in arkansas wasn't pretty today ... but same story last Saturday, too. I moved my two smokers to the garage, and left door open. Worked fine.
Where there's a will, there's a way. I about have the wife talked into a covered patio area.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky