• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's your occupation?

weaver doug

Joined May 2, 2014
congratulations on your 20 yrs and retirement, I didn't retire from the USAF but I did server from Sept. 69 to Sept. 73.  I would love to get into wood working again but need another person to help.

old462

Joined Sep 2, 2013
Been using a Masterbuilt electric smoker (MES) 40" for a couple of years now. I also added the AMNPS and use pellets instead of the chips. Works great for me. You can search on here for the AMNPS and Masterbuilt. I was just commenting to a friend yesterday about how impressed I was with my Masterbuilt and the AMNPS. Mine has given pretty consistent results.

old462

Joined Sep 2, 2013
The AMNPS doesn't physically replace the chip tray.
On my MES40 there's two thin rods that run the width, at about the same level
as the chip tray. I place the AMNPS on those rods on the left side, which would be
the opposite side from the chip tray. I also pull out the chip tray an inch or so and pull out the loader for air intake.

rowdee

Joined May 16, 2014
Im from Northern California. I retired from construction after over 35 years. Im a a master cabinetmaker and woodworker and worked for about 15 years in high end construction in the San Francisco Bay Area. Built and remodeled for some of Americas wealthiest. I live in Rio De Janeiro Brazil now with my wife and 2 1/2 yo daughter. We own an English language/ Info Tech school here. I miss home tho. Learning to be a great cook and to smoke meat since these people dont know how to cook shit here. Churrasco (Brazilian BBQ) is highly overrated and all they know about seasoning is "MORE SALT MORE SALT MORE SALT. Opening a fish taco place here soon and gonna work on doing some pastrami.

Joined May 6, 2014
i spent 10 years as a firefighter emt, as well as worked in a copper mill. that closed so i went back to school and added to my medical skills by becoming a registered nurse. been doing that for 18 years.

seandog

Joined May 17, 2014
I am a self employed Master Electrician. I am also a Navy Seabee veteran of 8 years. Oorah!

jstone

Joined May 16, 2014
Work at a bank as a Systems Analyst in I.T. - would much rather be at home smoking meat or playing golf.

dan01225

Joined May 16, 2014
Class A driver for the last 3 years.  I worked in housekeeping at a hospital for 10 years prior.

dilettit

Joined May 22, 2014
I am an Industrial Engineer working for a consulting company who in turn supports Siemens Energy.  I have been with Siemens Energy for +25 years before they closed the Canadian Plant down and moved it south.  I have been supporting Siemens ERP SAP system implementation for the past 7 years.

pastorgadget

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 4, 2012
I am a Family Life Pastor, I minister to kids and families. I have been in Full-Time ministry for over 21 years. 

papichulo

Joined May 27, 2014
Just joined the forum today and this is my first post. Anyway, thanks to all the expert smokers who love to share your knowledge.
I am retired from Illinois Dept of Corrections and also US Army Reserve for 34 yrs. Now I just sit around in my garage in Houston, Texas and build acoustic guitar and water the garden every other day.

Chuck Hutchison

wizit247

Joined Mar 25, 2014
Hey all! I'm relatively new to the forum. I am a Design Engineer for a small company that designs and manufactures custom aluminum shipping containers for the military.

fineswine

Joined May 28, 2014
I'm a Route Auditor for a large trash hauling company and owner of a landscaping business.  Looking to go full time in my business next year.  Lots of hard work and long hours, but hopefully I'll get there!!

shoebe

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 15, 2014
I did 26 years in the Fire  Service including 6 years as Fire Chief and 11 more in Emergency Management, in Oregon. Retired now

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.