What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am on Disability, something in my head is Baffling the Doctors, my short term Memory is gone!, has been for about 25 years, but getting worse as I age. These days I shoot and Edit Videos, not only the ones I shoot, but we have several universities in town and I do a lot Video Editing for the Students. I BBQ Year Round, and I have new addition to my BBQ fleet this year.

Staffing agency
Senior recruiter for 22 years.
Yes, I sell people for a living, and have heard every excuse or reason for calling off work.

Do people actually read through 2084 posts over 11+ years? Or do they just need to tell others who they are? So since I have a GOD complex, I'm GOD (retired). Which is why, I guess, so many world leaders are trying to lure me out of retirement!

Reactions: java
Wow! There's a LOT of retired people here! I'm a long ways off from that. In the meantime, I'm working as a business analyst/project manager at a software company.

I work at 'Every Day's a Saturday' now.. (retired), but was a third party waterproofing inspector when i retired, and in my first life i was a network engineer for citibank.. loved both jobs!

DOD
Retired, USAF Black projects.......just a bit. I was at #$@! ^& *%$## $%##
If i told ya anymore i would have to......well you know. :emoji_astonished:

Started cooking when i was 15 , Did that until 1989. Started 2nd career as a carpenter in 1987
Working on my own as carpenter 1997. Hoping to start 3rd career some time soon collecting " Mailbox cheques "
when i win the set for life Lotto....A guy can Dream at least

David

Reactions: ofelles and Torc
My first full time job was as a meat cutter, and later a meat dept. manager, for Winn Dixie. Left there because I could see the writing on the wall with them. After that, I spent 27 years working for International Paper and retired from there. I then went to Sea School and earned my captain's license and I now run my own fishing charter business and get to fish as much as I care to. But if it ceases to be fun and becomes too much like work or a job, I'll stop it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ofelles and Torc
Started cooking when i was 15 , Did that until 1989. Started 2nd career as a carpenter in 1987
Working on my own as carpenter 1997. Hoping to start 3rd career some time soon collecting " Mailbox cheques "

Sounds like a plan !

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky