What's Up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bernardo

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Gaithersburg, MD
Hello Everyone,

Came accros this site while doing some research on the Bar B chef offset smoker. I have the other Bar B Chef, used by Alton Brown on Good Eats, and have been smoking with it for four years now. Always been an avid griller. Born in Brazil, I was raised on churrasco.

Talk to you all soon.

Welcome to the site. So much info here! Be sure to take the 5 day course even though you have years of experience. It's worth it! Don't worry there isn't a test!

Welcome Bernardo,
I can't wait to gedt some Brazillian BBQ recipes from ya!!
I love Brazillian bbq ~ YUMMY
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

welcome to the smf forum bernardo... cant wait to see some qview!!! share your smokes with us.

I started a fantasy football league for my friends and thought it would be cool to smoke pork shoulders for the draft party. That was four years ago and its been a hit ever since. For that party I make a dry rub using 8, 3, 1 + 1 method which I saw on Good Eats. 8 parts brown sugar, 3 parts salt, 1 part chili powder and the +1 is combo of various herbs and spices. They range from onion and garlic powder to cayanne pepper to Old Bay Seasoning (a must have in Maryland). Each year I vary the +1 portion for different flavors.

My wife just found a great spice store nearby so this year we're changing it up drastically.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky