Whatchu want Mayonnaise? PORK, thats what...with QVIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey2569

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
So my mom has come back to the NE from their winter home in Florida for a few days so she can complain about the cold weather to people that haven't turned into thin skinned blue hairs, and she requested some pulled pork during her stay. Well, today is that day. Thank Jesus there is no meatless Fridays around these parts as it would have made for a miserable day.

Last night might have brought hurricaine strengh winds and rain, but today the skies have cleared and the sun is shining on some pork.

Here are the details:

6 lbs butt injected with a mix of OJ, lemon juice, beef stock, honey, and a few spices. Then it was rubbed up with Jeff's rub and thrown in the GOSM. Sorry for the lack of prep photos, but beer and other things have killed many brain cells over the years. A few more will be killed today.

Here we are at the 5 hour mark. Sitting around 140 degrees at the moment.

Getting a little closer...

More to follow...SPARES are going in around noon est.

Some ribs going in. I just use a little seasoned salt on them about 2 hours before throwing them on. I like to let the smoke hit them first for a few hours and then add the extras at the end.

Butt is hitting 160. Everything is on track for a delicious Friday evening

Very nice start, keep us posted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky