What Ya Cooking this weekend ? No Q on tonight ~

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
I just looked no Q on TLC tonight . It just got started . If I counted right they eight shows only .

I suppose that means back to the garage and getting the rear engine dragster ready as we have an IHRA race coming up in Crandal Texas soon plus Pinks is coming .

I plan on cooking a pork butt Friday night and I am hoping to receive my new remote temp reader today . Made a new rub this week that I am dieing to try ... my butcher at Albertson's has me twoo great ones cut and waiting for me this evening . Saturday night will be Brisket . Each weekend I cook for 11 people ( family ) who can't cook for themselves . They all come over and feast .. I get alot of experience and feedback as my family will tell me in a heart beat if the q is lacking something .. That is just how it is in Texas ..

I'm thinking ribs may well be on this weekends schedule but the wife may have other plans...
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

taking a break from ribs, probably done ribs 45 out of the last 52 weekends.

Saturday = meatloaf
Sunday = cajun butter injected while chicken.

For the weekend, I've already smoke 10 lbs pork shoulder, pulled already (netted 6 1/2 lbs) using Jeff's Naked Rib Rub. Doing Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans, double batch tomorrow. Made up 4 batches of SoFlaQuer's Carolina Mustard Sauce (that stuff is absolutely fantastic). Travcoman45's Country Fresh Coleslaw double batch (modified to 1 head white, 1 head red cabbage) and the sauce that goes with it. Just finished making a modified Carolina Red Sauce, if I like, will become a double batch. Q-Vues to be posted Saturday, along with a few great looking Diesel trucks.
Thanks to all who posted these great recipes.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I really don't have much to do just. Re-heat about 50-60 lbs of pulled pork and then make a couple batches of garbage beans and then a couple a trays of slaw and then get it all to the farm house for the Beast feast so not much. Oh shucks I also have to watch the wife make some brownie cake thingys.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

I am bummed - no smoking for the next 3 weeks due to business travel - then this will be over and I can get ready for retirement and the 10 page honeydo list

Not the weekend but did the first fattie posted here today and bought some nice country style ribs yesterday that will go in tomorrow maybe. Also got some ground sirloin for taco salads.

Steaks last night, sorry no q-view. Me and this new butcher are starting to get along.

Just the hubs and me this weekend. Chicken Leg Quarters tonight, ribs tomorrow, (also trying my first ABTs tomorrow) and leftovers for several days.

A good friend is moving away (orlando - canada) so were throwing a huge party so i'm q-ing up pulled pork, brisket, slaw, baked beans, potato salid.

Bone in Loin, longer than my...well longer than my arm :) Gonna do Dutch's Mahogany sauce but with Raspberry instead.

Pork shoulder , has been cooking since 12 am Texas time . Temo is at 150 , as it has been since about 6;30 AM . Total weight starting out was 6.89 lbs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky