What to smoke next?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What do I smoke next?

• Pork ribs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beef ribs

• Salmon

• something else (specify in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

huhwhat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
I have tried brisket, pork cushion, chicken, and I'm doing sausages tomorrow. So what's next salmon, or pork ribs, or beef ribs, or something else entirely?

Last edited:
Prdon my newbie ignorance, but what does ABT stand for?

Prdon my newbie ignorance, but what does ABT stand for?
Sorry......you aren't ignorant, just new to the forum (Welcome by the way).  ABT = Atomic Butt Torpedo (that's what I have always called them) is a smoked jalapeno stuffed with a myriad of things like chorizo.....cream cheese.....pulled pork.......whatever you want. 

There is a forum board called ABT'S that I suggest you visit for pics and recipes :o)

Scott

I'd love to make those, and probably will at some point, but it would have to be for taking to the guys at work (who are all chili-heads, including me), but no one else in my family would eat them.

My wife says mild Hatch chilies stuffed and smoked.

Last edited:
If you haven't done so yet, you really should buy a few pounds of sea salt, and smoke it at low temp. I've been doing it, and everyone LOVES it. I've even smoked granulated garlic, and parsley, and made my own garlic salt. My friends and family bug me all the time to refill their supply.

Reactions: huhwhat
I will have to try that. What do you put it in to smoke?

Also planning to smoke some of my dried peppers from the garden last year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky