What to do with Beef rib steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iso

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Monroe, WA
Our houseguest gave us a fresh beef rib steak from a local butcher shop. Since I am firing up the smoker to make chex mix figured I would smoke this rib steak as well. I haven't taken it out of the butcher paper so I am not sure what the cut looks like. Not much into beef so I am not exactly sure what to do with it.

Any suggestions? Can this cut be used for pulled beef?

Hey, Iso. I maybe speak'n outta turn, but maybe some of us haven't heard/seen this cut yet, why no posts.

From an idiots point of view, I'd say this is a tender cut that should be treated like a steak.......somewhat. I still do steaks on the smoker and they take up to an hour to cook(to med well - well done).

Google it, or search here.

I also have a VERY good idea..........send it to me, I'll cook it and let you know how it tastes.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

How big is it? Can you take a pic for us to see?

Off the top of my head I don't see ya pull'n it. I am no expert, but I play one in my house.
icon_rolleyes.gif

good luck, glad you found the site!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Marinade in Mojo Crillio, then smoke to an internal of 135 to 140 or the temps you prefer for your beef.

Meat Temperature Chart
(Fahrenheit)
Beef
Rare 120-125
Medium-rare 130-135
Medium 140-145
Medium-well 150-155
Well done 160 +

If it is what I am picturing, I think you would be happier grilling it than smoking it.

I am thinking along the same lines as BigAL

I suspect it's actually ribeye or close to it. Tender cut, marinade and grilling would be best. Sear it on high heat, then move to a lower temp until desired doneness, I like med-rare.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky