What should I do about my Butt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff_aclin

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
North Little Rock, Ar
Does this Smoker make my butt look big?

dsc0008lj9.jpg

This thing is at 170 as we speak. I plan on going to 200. Here's the deal. I dont plan on serving it till about 6 tomorrow. What should I do with it when it gets done tonight?

I'm guessing I'll go ahead and pull it, but what the best way to ensure that when I warm it up tomorrow that its still nice and juicy. I'm all ears.

Double wrap it in heavy duty foil. Then place it in a cooler lined with towels. Wrap the butt with 2 towels and place in the cooler. Some of the people have said 10 hours later they are still hot. I hope this will help.

Jason

When mine gets to 170ish, I put it in a disposable aluminum pan, add a cup or so of apple juice and cover with foil. When it gets to 200* I take it off the heat and let it rest still covered for a couple hours. After pulling it, I spoon some of the juice out of the pan back onto the meat, add a little finishing sauce, and a little Cherry Chipotle BBQ sauce. Then just cover and put in the fridge. Turns out very juicy and flavorful.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce:

2 cups ketchup
1 cup cherry preserves
1/2 cup cherry juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce (find it near tabasco sauce)
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder

Put it all in a sauce pan. bring to a boil over medium high heat. reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. I let cool and then put into a food processor or blender to chop up the cherries.
[/font]

Finishing Sauce:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...read.php?t=487

I did three 8 lb. butts for christmas. Very big family get together. Smoked them the night befor christmas eve. Brought them to arount 205 on the smoker, then inside double wrapped in foil and wrapped in a towel to rest for about 2 hours. Discarded the extra grease and juice left over in the foil once opened. Pulled them that night and put into a large roaster/crock pot and into the fridge. Next morning I added about 2 cups on apple juice and turned on the roaster stirring about every 30 min. until heated through. Turned out awesome. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky