What is your favorite Pork injection????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mgbgt

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 13, 2007
All of this talk about injecting or not injecting prok butts has made me want inject one and see the difference for myself. I plan on injecting it at least 24hrs and possibly 48 hrs before the smoke next Saturday to get the most out of the injection but am looking for a great injection solution to try.

How about sharing your Pork injection recipe and what flavor profile it adds?

mgbgt

I am still in search of one that just makes me warm and fuzzy all over.
I do not like all the salt, so I normally cut it in half. and cumin is out. that is just plane nasty..and as for water? when we have adult beverages that taste great. cabo wahbo, bourbon even wine would make a great substiture for the non AA members that use water lol. Have not tried beer as yet. But, It should make a great substitue for water, Always has.

there is some basic ones out there (injections)that can be added to.
and even to get flavors of cloves, bay leaves ect (large things that can not be injected).
Can be brought to a boil and simmered for a while then brought to room temp, strained, then injected with the flavors imparted into the liquids.

the kitchen is your own lab. you can use it as you please to make things you like and enjoy from the basic things you have learned here.

and as I have seen posted many times. we can eat our mistakes.lol

good luck..

Try a good Au Juice. You can add spices and herbs but first put them in a Coffie grinder (spice grinder??) and turn them into dust. Mix well. Try Soy sauce. Anything that comes to mind. Competition teams lock the recipe for injections up in safe's. Most have some type of Fat or Oil in the mix. Bacon fat with Au Juice heated up and then injected gives a added lift. Also there are Injectors on the market that will pass spices whithout grinding. Try The Sausage Maker or Butchers and Packers. Just do it and enjoy.

FT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky