what is pork loin back ribs?

Discussion in 'Pork' started by gmebey, May 2, 2010.

1. gmebey

gmebey Smoke Blower

OK a dumb question is pork loin back ribs the same as spare ribs?

Should I use the 3-2-1 method at ~230?

I can use any help you guys are willing to offer.

2. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Answer #1. No...check this link. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...pork+back+ribs Be sure to read the "WHOLE" post.

Answer #2. The prefferred method is 2-2-1 with Baby Backs as they are smaller, I believe. If you go 230°, then you might want to try 1.5-1.5-1 as that is 5° over the low / slow 225°. But the standard is 2-2-1 so you can play with the time to see what suits you better. Check for pull back, doneness, use a thermo to probe but don't hit the bone. Play with it & have fun. Good luck.

None of the questions that you ever ask here are dumb. You are just un-informed until you become informed.

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yea I would go more of a 2-2-1 or a similar variation of that for your ribs.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They are known as baby back ribs. I would also use the 2-2-1 method the first couple of times to see how you like them. Then if you need to make any adjuments then you will have a basis to change things.

5. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

6. ddave

ddave Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Five degrees isn't going to cut an hour off the cook time. Anywhere between 225° and 250° is fine.

Dave

7. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Interesting.