What I did with it w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dingle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 22, 2007
Syracuse, NY
For starters, the night before I prepped the rack with approx 1/4 c. of each, balsamic vinegar and evoo. Added tbls worchester sauce, 2 cloves garlic, a few sprigs of thyme, and basil and a little lemon zest.

I then vacuum packed and left in fridge overnight.

Threw on a few of these buggers filled with creamcheese and crabmeat and added chives and parsley from the garden.

I smoked the rack of lamb over a bit of cherry wood at 225* until an internal temperature of 140* was reached. I then wrapped in foil and into the cooler until everything else was ready for plating. Cut the rack into sections of 2 ribs each.

All plated up and ready to eat.

Turned out really good. Juicy and tender. However next time I may just use salt, pepper, garlic and evoo and then smoke. Thanks for looking.

Thanks Babyback and Elkaholic! Havent had lamb in a long time and this was the first time cooking it. Will do it again soon.

Mmmmm, looks excellent DINGLE!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Miss Cowgirl! It really was yummy and the wife even ate some! Surprise!

Looks real good dingle. I had bought 1/2 of the blue ribbon winner from the county fair a few years back and really enjoyed it. Now I want to get some more and smoke it. Ya done good, not overcooked.............PERFECT

Thanks Fatback. I'm with ya on the keep it simple method. I think the balsamic and worchester took away from the flavor of the lamb. It was really good though.

Man, that looks very tasty. I have not had much lamb...first time I had it years back..I din't like it. I did have some grilled last year and it was awesome. Guess I need this on "the list"! Thanks for the info!

Thanks Richtee! If I had made a to-do list of just some things you have done my list would be too long!

Thanks for the points Krusher! That means a lot coming from you and the number of great smokes I have seen from you.

Make the bag extra long and hang it over the counter when sealing. Makes it harder for the liquid to reach the top.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky