• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What Happened.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Anyone in their right mind would NOT buy a business to discontinue it.....
Actually that does happen. Though I'd be very surprised that this happened to a-maze-n.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Yes, many companies do buy out and close their competition. Won't be shocked to see A-Maze-N pellets end up under a new name.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Thanks chopsaw, I'll check them out.
You won't be sorry with anything from Owens . Great people and Tonya is very hands on with all the orders .
I've always felt the pellets are one and the same as the ones from Todd .
20210729_095438.jpg

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
You won't be sorry with anything from Owens . Great people and Tonya is very hands on with all the orders .
I've always felt the pellets are one and the same as the ones from Todd .
View attachment 505967
Do they have a minimum to get free shipping?

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Do they have a minimum to get free shipping?
I'm not sure about that , and free shipping is always a plus . This is one place I do business with that I don't mind paying shipping .

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Too bad, it seems like when these guys get to successful, they cave into the $.
I don’t blame Todd for taking advantage of a great opportunity, but it ‘s just not the same, I hope that we can buy 100% hardwood pellets without other woods being used as fillers. I wonder is Todd still a sponsor on here?
Al

1MoreFord

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2020
A-maze-n is owned by Danson's inc ( and has been for a while) who also own pitboss, louisiana(?) and several other cooking/outdoor products companies. The main Danson site is down currently too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.