What do you think

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mijpa

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Surprise, AZ
I put in 2 -7.3Lb turkey breasts at 10:30 am I set the temp on the electric smoker to 275 that is the highest it will go. 1.5hrs later my digital redi chek is telling me food is at 150 and smoker temp ids at 197? The temp and probe were tested all is working properly. This is impossible isn't it???

I put in 2 -7.3Lb turkey breasts at 10:30 am I set the temp on the electric smoker to 275 that is the highest it will go. 1.5hrs later my digital redi chek is telling me food is at 150 and smoker temp ids at 197? The temp and probe were tested all is working properly. This is impossible isn't it??? I pulled the thermometer and redid the boli water check it says 111 deg i put back into either of the breasts and it says 165???

SO in other wards these were done in under 2 hours???? Isn't that impossible?

I pulled them at 165 and let them sit for 20 minutes. Wrapped one for the in laws house at 3:00PM. The other i cut up and munched on it while cutting it up MAN was it juicey had a slighht pink ring around the entire breast and all juices were clear. Came out Great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky