What do you make for the kids..??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

delbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 28, 2015
  What do kids really like? I'm going to my great Nephew's B.D.party next weekend so looking for kids food idea's.

It's an appetizer party so lots of grazing by the adults and snacking for the kids.

My kids like everything's my we cook except the ABT's. They do like the not so hot ABT's. Moinks are good. Bacon wrapped pineapple. Burnt ends. Spiral cut hot dogs.

Last edited:
These are some of the things I'm thinking about..Make the kids food look like the "adults" food.

Chicken Kabobs would be good too.

These are some of the things I'm thinking about..Make the kids food look like the "adults" food.
Chicken Kabobs would be good too.

For ABT's.....
My fam is not a fan of hot, there's a couple things ya can do.... Ya can soak the sliced & scraped jalapeño halves in Sprite for a few hrs or overnite, that does work ! Ya can also use bell pepper slices, when sliced right, ya can fit some good stuff in them !

Yes good ideas..I take pretty well all the pepper heat out of my ABT's and then add heat with the ingredients.

Most of the kids have parents that I don't know so I want to be cautious and the kids are generally younger than 

eight.I'm really looking for unique ways of making simple things "Cool"..!!

Thanks everyone,  Del

You could keep it simple & do some burger sliders too... I've got two kids 6 & 8... They LOVE ABT's, when tamed a bit !

LOL..... thats easy, Mac & Cheese! Hotdogs & Hamburgers. Let them make their own hamburger patties. And take fixin the buns away from Momma's, let them do it. They love it, they get filthy doing it and they'll all love it.

Don't over think it or try to impress kids. Do you have a ice cream machine? Its the simple pleasures they'll remember you for. Water balloons, make 'em up ahead of time? What about a dozen or so cheap squirt guns? They don't have TG&Y's or 5 and dimes anymore, but you know what I am talking about.

Take 5 or 6 big watermellons and just let them bust 'em on the drive and dig in with both hands.Give the hostess a couple to carve up afterwards and make pretty for the adults. Then hose 'em all off, the kids that is. Wait till after the S'Mores...... LOL

KISS  and you'll be the coolest Uncle! Don't ask the Mom's premission, just appoligize when they complain. LOL Its much easier that way and hell, let their husbands listen all night long about it, you are the fun uncle! ROFLMAO The one that on their birthdays they want to open your present first?

All the great Pooh Pah's keep it simple! Let the adults bring the adult foods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky