What did you smoke on Turkey day? - need pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Maybe a few of us can contribute a couple pics of what we smoked for today's Thanksgiving meal.   Guess I better get my smoker going.  Will chime back in later with some pics of a ham I'm doing.

Last edited:
I'm on a sore leg so I'm not sure if I want to tend the offset. But this is the #1 foodie holiday; Linda's daughter is bringing food so I should have something to give back. They don't have a smoker.

They have a couple of kids of various ages, and I'm not sure they've ever tasted smoked chicken.

Here's my contribution. Double smoking a 10# spiral cut, bone in ham.

Getting ready to apply a thin coating of yellow mustard so Jeff's rub has something to stick to.
c19ddba68327c016b61db52cd4662fd4.jpg

All dusted up ready to go
a0ba7b853745f5edcef5d48b046be3af.jpg

Got crazy and decided to try using my mailbox mod with a AMNPS inside loaded with apple pellets. Worked pretty good.
4f6e1ec74020416bc83985f85d16fa16.jpg

Opened the box to glaze up the ham, 2 hours into the smoke. Smoked for 30 more minutes and then glazed again. Smoked another 45 minutes.
cdb43c819ff7e96861dbc56882e6bab1.jpg

Finished product. Wrapped it up in foil and then a few towels to keep it warm while we prepared the rest of the meal.
95cd0c35fe783540e4c18c1e6d679117.jpg

ad92150d8d823593a99accd75b15a1ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm in the process right now as we needed to do it today for supper. I have a turkey breast, skinned and rubbed and a stuffed pork loin going on the pellet smoker, both 1st for me! Hope to be finished in about an hour.

Here are the details on the loin: Just over 4 pounds, 3 small Granny Smith apples cooked with about 1/2 a can of pineapple chunks in butter with brown sugar, cinnamon, black pepper and garlic until the juice thickened. Strained the apple stuff and saved the butter/pineapple juice for mopping both the turkey and the loin, added a little BBQ sauce. Put the sweet potato casserole, dressing and green bean casserole on with the meat about 1/2 hour ago. Nice to have a big grill surface, this is the first time doing serious stuff on the pellet machine. I hope it all comes turns out, it sure looks good enough to eat. IT on the breast is right now 126.

You might notice, I started out with my tube for additional smoke and all was fine until it caught on fire. Guess there was too much air flow near the back of the cc. Went to the tray and it is working perfect.

Last edited:
Linda always does the turkey so I get to freelance for my SiL, son  and myself. Went out of the box this year and smoked 2 racks of lamb.

Into Jeff's brine

Lang heating up

Rubbed with garlic,rosemary,salt,pepper,and lemon zest.

Over once...

About 135*

Sliced.

Turned out great.

Teddy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky