What did you get for Christmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got the limited edition print titled "Gods Own Lunatics", it was from Joe Kline
Aviation Art and he personalized it with one of my helicopters name, my call sign on the door pillar and my units markings. I'm very happy.

Blackhawk19, I have that picture on my laptop at work as a desktop. Very nice present. Happy New Year to you and yours.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

well i see LOTS of kewl gifts being gotten........minnbill......LOVE your new countertops.........AND the dog house.......wish i had one......heheh

hawk....nice pic......real nice.......btw......got a call from my boy yesterday......best gift of the day........

Mark.........looks like you did good.....also......homemade gifts are the best.....like Teacup (Jeff), and Capt Dan......money REAL tite this year.....so we made alot of homemade gifts........those pics will be in the "Other Hobbie" tread.......but a good time with family, is the best gift of god............

now what i got...........

i got a new stickburner.....even sez Budwieser on the front......didn't get a pic of THAT badge.......but will take that pic when i take pics of the new years smoke..........its a cheaper unit.......lots of mods to be done......but its a great one to learn this different kinda smoking, apart from a ecb

present2ew5.jpg

this next........i got the ET-73.......lets see what kinda of problems i will have with ITS reception.......but i do have the link for the mods...hehehe
also got a oven glove.......good up to 500*.......will be great for moving around the chip box.........

presentob7.jpg

i also got TONS of chicken 1/4's.....*sigh*........heheh........couple pork loins.....(CANDIAN BACON HERE I COME), and bout 10 lbs of ground beef.......

oh yeah........a SEABEE hat......wearing it in the pic.......

all in all......not a bad day.....best of all......like i said.......gotta talk to my boy in Iraq........and time spent with family..........

hope all of yours was good also

d88d

I got grilling gloves and a bag of hickory chips, as well as a new set of tires for my pickup. There's still one family gathering coming up so I may have an update later.

I had a great Christmas.
Heard from some friends from Greensburg Kansas.......I'm so thankful they are still around.
My two big brothers checked up on me.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Just had a wonderful day.
smile.gif

I got some good stuff, but wasn't near as fun as see'n the look on my wife and kids' face when I gave them a commercial sized popcorn maker and a cotton candy maker. Well that's a stretch, popcorn maker is a small one on a cart that pops 1/2 cup size batches and the cotton candy maker makes 1 "stick"(? serving?, what ya get at the fairs) at a time. Kids ate so much sugar they haven't slept yet
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Family is the main thing. Couldn't tell you what I got yrs ago, but know who I was with every year.

My son did make me a HUGE cutting board this yr(he's 12), so pretty I doubt I use it. Daughter gave me a 12" lodge camp oven(D.O.).

Went toooooo fast. wish I could rewind and do it over again in slow motion. Already look'n forward to next yr.

I agree Al, the family is what it's all about. Kids smile tell the story.

Got a couple nice knives, a bunch of prep stuff for the kitchen, and Great sausage recipes and meat curing book, along with The sausage maker dvd.

PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
I did receive a 7 in 1 smoker from my kids and the wife for Christmas. They purchased it at Cabela's, I believe it is a MasterBuilt ? Not sure what in the world to do first, I completed assembly today and did a burn off to rid the thing of the "new" smell. Any suggestions on what to start out with? This is a propane and charcoal smoker / grill / fryer....any experience with this unit?

I was lucky enough to get a new Smart BBQ remote thermomter, Smart BBQ Grill Light for those night time sessions, a new Mossy Oak Camo Apron that says "Kill it and Grill it" sister-in-law thought that suited me after bagging my deer opening morning and smoking the straps the next day. Set of new steak knives, and a battery operated rotary grill cleaning brush.

Food is a big part of our Christmas. Everyone brings in their favorite recipe and I grill and smoke. Food is my hobby and it brings me great joy just to watch others eat and enjoy. We did a whole New York Strip and two pork loins. I had dry rubbed a venison ham that Cowgirl had given me the recipe for and smoked it. It was great! Thanks Patty. Just sitting around visiting and enjoying good food, drink and fellowship is what it is all about for me. I did get a big heavy duty cutting board that will be nice formeat cutting and catering. Also got an "XM" radio. It will be great to choose the kind of music I like when I am smoking and grilling. Christmas really makes me aware of how blessed I am.

Ron

You hit the nail on the head there Ron. You really do realize the blessings you have more so around this time of year. I had to put my dad in the hospital after lunch on Christmas Day, and as sad as it is to do that on Christmas, I realized that we at least got to have Christmas with him and the whole family being there. He really didn't want to go but he knew he had to and he knew that he got his Christmas before he had to go. Some might not see that as a blessing but everything involving my dad is a blessing to me.

On a lighter note, I also did a venison ham on Christmas eve. My first one and it turned out very awesome. I also grill and smoke as a hobby and I to like watch others enjoy and comment on my cooking.

I mostly wanted to chime in about blessings cause I know alot of people forget that and what Christmas is all about. So thanks Ron its nice to know there are so many here that realize this and express it!!!

Daniel

Well I got a few things that were very nice as I didn't have anything I needed. Hubby and I got the boy a 12 guage over/under, Mossberg Silver Reserve. He loves it. Now can't wait for him to break it in. He has been getting very good at trap shooting. Hopefully he'll get asked to go out duck or turkey hunting this spring. Got the hubby some brush pants and a reversible real tree jacket. He isn't a hunter, but he's been out in the woods driving for both deer the boy got. He loves being part of the process, just never been a hunter. Great day with four generations, good food, got to see the kids, especially the youngest (2 1/2) open gifts with wide eye and great big smiles!! (and also learning that plastic roller skates don't go so well on tile floors)
rolleyes.gif

Sounds like everyone had a really wonderful Christmas. I got to spend time with family which is real nice. Got 2 photography books, a propane gauge for my gas grill and other things.

But the best gift I recieved was the look on my wifes' face when she open one of her gifts that contained 2 tickets to the Bon Jovi concert in Feb. She just lit up and started hollering and screaming..... that was the best.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I got to go home to eastern NC this year to spend Christmas with my family. We had an oyster roast on Christmas Eve and my brother and I cooked a 12lb turkey on his Afterburner equipped ECB on Christmas morning. I was great to be home and spend time with each other.

I brought home lots of good locally (eastern NC) made sauces, a Cajun Injector kit, a big bag of cherry wood, a nice santoku knife and a couple of pieces of Calphalon cookware.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky