What amount of sides needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would guess a food service company like Sysco could provide you with your potatoes. They have been my choice when in the business. I don't know if they operate in your area.You want large Russet Burbanks. Large long potatoes make great looking fries. Russets make great tasting fries.
I'll definitely look into sysco ..my wife wants to do homemade fries

In today's Cabela's flyer, they have an 18 quart double basket fryer. Free standing on 4 legs, 58,000 BTU burner, with 2 full size baskets. Has hose, regulator and thermometer.Doesn't include propane tank. It's on sale for $49.95 Item IK 542274
The burner and pan could be used for a lot of other cooking / heating chores.
If you just load that item number in Google, it will pop right up.

Last edited:
Reactions: kdfiter
I'll definitely look into sysco ..my wife wants to do homemade fries

Look at 40 or 60 count Russet. They are 6 to 8 inches long! We used them for Wedgie Fries. Great plate coverage...JJ

Reactions: kdfiter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky