Were havin chicken tonite

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pawoodswalker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Kennerdell Pa
Well just ate my first smoked test subject and it was Awesome. Got a little dark took me awhile to get the temp adjusted. " think i started with too much charcoal about 10 lbs, Let it heat up for about 20 mins then added 6 hickory lumps temp was running about 300 degree's. All and all went pretty well once I got temp down around 250. was on the uds about 2 hrs. also did some potatoes, onions and peppers. How the heck ya keep the fire down when ya take your food off the grate " I burned the hair off my hands and arms lol. well heres my finished product and I am going to try a rack of ribs next weekend. Im hooked " The wife even enjoyed It.Attachment 24328

Attachment 24329
e33700a5_vbattach24328.jpg

61fc4602_vbattach24329.jpg

You should get a longer pair of tongs if you're going to burn that high. LOL. It's all good. Hope you had fun doing it, hope your hair grows back & look forward to your next smoke. Remember, don't take it so high when doing a butt or brisk. And unless you like heavy plumes of smoke, one or two pieces should suffice at a time until you don't smell the smokey flavor, then add one or two pieces at a time. You want to see the "Thin Blue Smoke" as opposed to heavy white smoke. I hope this applies & helps.

Thanks for the advice and I will try just a cpl chunks . Im going to have to add a side door to the uds for that purpose. Thanks again.

Was nice and crisp, I was really surprised how easy it was. I did inject them with some italian seasoning. But boy they were good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky