Well, tried some ribs

Discussion in 'Lamb' started by richtee, Oct 19, 2007.

1. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Man..are they GOOD! I have never had straight lamb.. <Nor a gay one either...heh> But now I'm bummed I have missed some really delicious meat. Got a rack of ribs, stripped the membrane. Boy those are some LOOONG suckers.. like almost 10 inches! Anyway, rubbed with:

1 Tbsp rosemary
    1 Tbsp savory
    1 Tbsp store mix lemon/pepper stuff
    1 Tbsp whole mustard seed
    1 Tbsp Kosher salt
    1/2 Tbsp paprika
    1/2 Tbsp dill, dried
    1/2 Tbsp "Smitty's 6-15" grounf pepper mix <PM me for info..it's great!>

Did a light 1 hour smoke over apple. Foiled, into a 225 degree oven for 1.5 hours. Uncovered, basted with juices, then the broiler on high for maybe 5 min. to crust up the tops.

Lots of fat in these buggers. Hindsight..i'd slo-cook in the oven longer to render out a bit more fat, but WOW!

Flavor up the ying-yang!

Give 'em a try!

2. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sounds good!

Where did you find the lamb ribs? I've never seen them around here...

3. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Sounds good! I love lamb , but I do not get oftem wife hates it!

4. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hubby loves rack of lamb, only ever saw the smaller frenched racks, I'd like to know where you got them also.

5. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

A customer of mine buys whole hogs/beef& lamb and has his butcher custom cut. It's the bottom half of a rack...no reason ya could not try this with a rack instead of just the ribs. Reason he had these, is he likes his racks with just loin and little rib. Sooo I got the "scrap". :{)

6. gooose53

gooose53 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Rack of Lamb is good! Like to fix a nice gravy to go with it but I can't for the life of me remember what the main ingredient was (ya get it from New Orleans).....somebody help this old feller remember............