Well since everyone else is reintroducing themselves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcurrier

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Mid Coast Maine
Hello again- J Currier here. I smoke my meats, cheeses, and shellfish up here on the coast of Maine. I have an electric lil chief (perfect for cheeses) and a ECB gormet- no mods yet, but I need to get to that, 2 18" weber kettles, a 22" weber kettle, and a weber gas (for cooking burgers). I am an avid hunter, fisherman, and boater. I dabble in recreational aquacultre in my spare time and manage to raise about 1,500 oysters a year to eat with the family. Married with 2 kids- 2 and 5 years old.

Thats enough about me- how about you?

Welcome back glad you made it

I've been smoken for about 20 plus years mostly turkies but have done ribs,venison roasts, jerky and peppers of all kinds. In my arsenal I only(right now) have a 22" weber kettle, 48" propane smoker and a brinkmann(electric) 18 years old. In my somewhat spare time the wife and I rescue stray dogs & cats, saltwater fish from piers and surf(I live 45 mins. from the Chesapeake Bay). Married to my lovely wife for 27 years with one kid 24years old.

1500 Oysters a year and only 2 kids? LOL

I could not resist that one.
Todd here in Sub-Zero Minnesota. Became a member about 2 months ago, but got wiped out by the Server Meltdown we had last week. Married with 2 kids, live on a old 10 acre dairy farm. We raise our own beef, and soon to add some goats, a few piggies and possibly some sheep. In the process of converting an old 1940's fridge into a smoker so anyone with any input on this is welcomed.

Jcurrier: we live just 3.1 miles above the Snow Bowl, same road. we spend all summer at Pemaquid camp grounds. we have a 38' 5th wheeler. just learing how to smoke. the fella thats is beside me down there, smokes all the time and got me started.

The oysters are all sleeping quietly on the bottom for the winter, almost lost them in an early ice freeze up though- out there on the water the second week of January in my 12' smoker craft breaking a 1/4 inch of ice to try and rescue them! next year I am putting them on the bottom earlier in the year

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky